Hike To Glymur, Iceland’s Second Highest Waterfall
Spring, Summer, Fall
8:30 – 9:00 AM
- Pickup at your accommodation
- Professional Local Guide
- Drop-off at your accommodation
What to bring
- Bring warm and waterproof clothes
- Hiking boots or good shoes
- Gloves and headwear
- A camera is always good to have
- Lunch or snack can be bought on the way
- Water bottle to fill in the river
Glymur Waterfall Hike
9:00 AM – REYKJAVÍK
Pick up between 8:30 – 9:00 AM at your accommodation, or meet us at bus stop number 8, next to Hallgrímskirkja church. See maps of bustops in Reykjavik. Wait for the Travelling Iceland vehicle. We will start our journey by driving to the Hvalfjörður Fjord where Glymur waterfall is situated.
We hike a few minutes from the car park until we arrive towards the river. We need to cross the river. The river has a tree trunk over it, and we cross it. The hike from there to the viewpoint is sometimes steep. The view from the top is amazing and rewarding. After the hike we drive back to Reykjavík.
3:00 PM – REYKJAVÍK
We arrive in Reykjavík.
Also check out our amazing hike to Reykjadalur
See some photos from Glymur at Fliker